Wanderfrog

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Loss of a Friend

Along with my son Michael and wife Pauline, took Sassy the Dog to an Emergency Vet Care facility to have Sassy euthanized this evening. Sassy's system was shutting down and she had stopped eating over 24 hours ago. She stopped drinking water as well and was vomiting bile since her stomach was empty for over a day.

She slept all day, and was in pain and would whimper while sleeping. Breathing was difficult due to the two large tumors on her throat. The decision was made to put her out of her pain, and since her lymphoma was terminal, and her system was shutting down, it was either this evening or tomorrow.

Not wanting her to suffer, we brought her in and within 30 minutes she was put down. My heart broke to see her lying there dead, when just a few minutes earlier she was sitting looking at me.

My pet, my companion, and dear friend is now gone. She was only a dog, but the hole she left in my heart is huge and beyond description. Why do I feel so empty?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home