Wanderfrog

Friday, March 10, 2006

Dogs and dying

Sassy the dog is dying from lymphoma. Since being diagnosed September 2005, she has lasted longer than I would have expected. The chemo treatments didn't work for her, but it sure put a dent in our retirement budget. Now we have a shortfall which has to be made up by taking it out of savings. Savings which is not growing since both of us are retired.

I think I might need to think about returning to work or at least some kind of employment to build up the savings reserve that we just expended on chemo treatments for a dog that was going to die regardless.

The things we do for our pets.

I hope to start traveling a bit more, even if it just a couple miles out of the area, so that I have more reason to continue this blog. Meanwhile, I will let you know when Sassy passes her next and final milestone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home