Wanderfrog

Monday, February 05, 2007

New Post, New Year


Year 2006 was a rough year for me. My appendix went bad requiring emergency surgery (you should see the scar!) and 6 weeks later my gall bladder went bad, requiring more surgery. Then something left in the appendicitis surgery require another cut to take that out. No, it wasn't a sponge or scaple.

Earlier in 2006 my dog Sassy died. Cancer took her after fighting it for 4 months, we finally had to put her down since the cancer was blocking her windpipe. Broke my heart because she was MY dog and I was very close to her.

After my gall bladder surgery, we found a sheltie at the local animal shelter and adopted that 1 year old puppy. That's Ralphie in the phote above. Ralphie has been instrumental in making me do my walking exercises and I have recovered pretty well.

In December of 2006, I took a consulting job at a company in Newport Beach. Originally it was to take around 40 to 60 hours, but it will take triple that time due to Murphy's Law.

My days of autocross driving has come to an end with my unstable stomach area (held together with stitches) and my Miata's engine went. The thrust bearings gave out and destroyed some of the rod bearings along with damaging the engine block. Oh well, time for a new car anyway.

Can't take the racing suspension of the built up Miata anymore. I will post more ramblings while I search for a replacement car.

So far 2007 seems to be working out. Lets see how this year plays out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home