Wanderfrog

Friday, May 06, 2005

Yesterday was Cinco de Mayo

Hope I spelled that right. I guess it isn't too strange to have all these Cinco de Mayo celebrations in Southern California. Celebrating a victory over the French way back in 1863? Although that victory was tempered with huge defeats over the next couple years, the Mexicans look at that date to show that even a New World peasant army could defeat the mighty French Army! In time, with the influx of Mexican immigrants to California, Cinco de Mayo will become a State holiday! Some nationalist groups here in California have been posting billboards that say "Los Angeles, Mexico"!

I think we may be carrying diversity a little too far.

On the other hand, I finally decided to attempt to return to the ranks of the employed. After a 1 year absence from collecting a paycheck, I developed some boredom and decided to use my residual knowledge of defense contractor security regulations. Now all I need to do is to hang my shingle (advertise?). This blog may or may not be a good idea, but I need to start somewhere to develop (or regain) my thinking process.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home